So, the first seminar is done and dusted and I have bombarded you with information and set us all up to do a few tasks.
The first of those tasks is the cover letter and resume. In some organisations they work on a principle that information should be on one page so people can gain an overview of the idea or issue and then decide what further research or activity needs to happen from there. It is good practice to be able to do this and the real key is – make every sentence count. Are you duplicating information? Is each sentence telling a story and having an impact?
The other task is to provide a resume. You will not have time to do it for this task but remember that UWS has a resume checking service for students and I urge you to submit the following;
- Students have to be registered on our Careerhub website first to request a resume review.
- To register, the student needs to:
- Go to uws.edu.au/careers , and selecting the red ‘Student CareerHub Login’ button located on the right hand side.
- Enter student ID and password and fill in the fields.
- Then the student can request a resume review at:
Remember to have a think about you choice of project brief and choose it for reasons which are going to benefit you and your career.
Submission of both is required by Friday 1st August at 12pm